Join the Society of Decorative Painters.
With your membership you'll receive access to four issues of The Decorative Painter, an award-winning magazine that invites you to open its pages of inspiring projects, helpful articles and painting happenings from all over the world.
But the Society isn't just a magazine. It's a network of painting peers. We'll direct you to a local chapter so you can take classes and meet people who share your enthusiasm for painting. Full Membership price begins at $50, with a variety of trial, student, and household pricing options available. We look forward to painting with you!
As a member of Society of Decorative Painters, you will receive a number of benefits, including:
- Access to four issues of The Decorative Painter, the official magazine of the Society of Decorative Painters, each year, which contains several projects per issue, Society updates and a variety of articles about decorative painting.
- Attend the 2016 SDP Conference & Expo, which will be held June 6-11, 2016 in San Diego, CA. Since 1972, SDP has held an annual conference at a variety of locations around the United States. Now with painting classes that represent a variety of on-trend and traditional mediums, dozens of exhibitors, and hundreds of painters from around the globe, this is an essential event for any lover of decorative painting.
- Find, join or start a local SDP chapter to paint and learn through monthly paint-ins, seminars, community service events and more—all the while developing new friendships with fellow painters in your area.
- Receive member-only discounts with a growing list of painting industry businesses that provide surfaces, supplies and patterns for painters. Use these discounts to offset the cost of your SDP membership, try a new medium, or build a collection!
- Recognized worldwide Certification Program trains painters to develop their skills with the goal of earning the title of Accredited Decorative Painter, Certified Decorative Artist and/or Master Decorative Artist in the tradition of many beloved artists and teachers from the history of SDP.
- Learn to teach, stay informed about teaching news and techniques, and become SDP certified with the Teacher Development Program. Use your painting skills to develop a business and earn an income doing what you love.
- Stay up to date on industry news and continue to learn with our emails and online publications. Connect with SDP daily through decorativepainters.org, the SDP blog and Facebook page.
- Access to the member page of decorativepainters.org, where you will find the digital version of The Decorative Painter, online-only projects, technique videos, your member discount list, and more.
- Eligibility for the SDP Platinum Visa Card. Along with the great benefits you’ll receive, every purchase goes to support SDP at no extra cost to you.
In addition to these tangible items that come with your SDP membership, you will become an essential part of the premier international painting organization where you will grow your artistic skills, meet new lifelong painting friends, be part of the painting community and help shape the future for decorative painting.
Who should be a business member? The individual, company, designer, shop owner, teacher, manufacturer, publisher, chain store or similar entity seeking income from the decorative painting industry.
As a Business Member, you will receive all of the SDP Individual Membership benefits, plus:
- Discounted advertising rates in SDP publications, including The Decorative Painter, the Conference Special, decorativepainters.org, SDP’s eZines and SDP’s social media, which allow you to communicate directly and affordably with thousands of SDP painters around the globe.
- Listing in the industry-wide Business & Teacher Online Directory, which is available to the painting public.
- Discounts on booth space and events at the SDP Conference & Expo.
- Networking opportunities with industry leaders and likeminded individuals from around the world.
- Access to the business member page at decorativepainters.org, where you will find assets to help you build your business in the decorative painting industry.
- Your support of SDP, an organization committed to promoting awareness of the decorative painting industry, always seeking new painters to bring across your threshold.